November 10, 2011
I finally made the move to ditch the corporate bank account I’ve had since I was eight years old and opened an account at a local, sustainable bank.* So did thousands of Americans during Bank Transfer Day this past weekend, resulting in over $4 billion dollars moved out of big banks and into credit unions.
Do you know where your money spends the night? Wall Street banks are trashing our economy and our environment in the name of their own profits—do you buy into their corruption and greed?
It’s time to Pink Slip Big Banks and invest in a more peaceful and just future by moving your money! How?
Here are some great resources:
• Tool: Find a Bank or a Credit Union near you
• Print: Download and print out our PINK SLIP BIG BANKS statement to hand into your bank when you close your account
• Checklist: 7 Simple Steps To Move Your Checking Account
• Make socially responsible investments as an alternative to bank CDs or money market accounts
• Share your banking story with us! Upload a video to our website, submit a photo, or email us your story.
Moving our money is one of the powerful ongoing direct actions that has come out of the growing Occupy movement. Join an Occupy action near you today and put your money and your body where your values are. And meet us online at www.womenoccupy.org.
Bringing our $$ home,
and the CODEPINK Team: Alli, C.J., Farida, Gayle, Janet, Jodie, Juliana, Kristen, Lisa, Nancy, Medea, Melanie, Rosie, Sanaa, Sharon, and Tighe
* I moved my money to the bank CODEPINK banks with: New Resources Bank. CODEPINK can receive $25 for every new account opened there between now and November 15th! What are you waiting for? Move your money this week!
PS: You can take it a step further and align your taxes with your values by refusing to pay for the wars. Find war tax resistance tips here.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this email please click here.