Schedule + Sign-up
| Preliminary Schedule: (More events and actions coming soon! All times and locations subject to change)|
- Wednesday, June 27--USSF begins!
- Registration/Check-In Atlanta Civic Center 395 Piedmont
Ave NE, Plaza level or Westin Peachtree Plaza 210
Peachtree St. Lobby level.
Questions, please contact Ross Glover at email@example.com
- USSF Opening March
Join CODEPINK as we kick off the USSF in the streets of
downtown Atlanta, location & time TBA.
- Thursday, June 28
- Breakfast: The Ms. Foundation will be hosting a Breakfast on the morning of Thursday, June 28th from 8:30-11:00 a.m. at the Hyatt Regency Hotel during the U.S. Social Forum. RSVPs are required. Contact Tiffany Robertson, Program Administrator, Building Movements, Ms. Foundation for Women, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Red Tent Opening Ceremony – The Women's Working Group has been given space in the Health, Healing & Environmental Justice Tent to have a Red Tent created by midwives from the Red Web Foundation. Women's celebration to open the tent on Thursday at 10:00 am on June 28th. We will open with a Cherokee women's ceremony followed by women's organizations presenting to our Sacred Center a symbol of their work. We will have musicians, singers and dancers. Following this we will proceed to the Court on Women event in the afternoon. Women encouraged to bring offerings.
- CODEPINK Workshop: Women Stopping the War in Iraq and Preventing One with Iran
- Court of Women: 1:00-5:00pm, St. Luke's Episcopal Church,
435 Peachtree St, NE
Presented by the Women's Working Group and WILFP, Session topics: Violence Against Women, The Criminal (In)Justice System and Gulf Coast Crisis.
Judges include: Teresa Ulloa, Loretta Ross, and Margaret
Burnham. Expert Winesses: Nkenge Toure, Tonya McClary, and
Angela Winfrey. Performers include: Dennis Brutus, Suga
Mathews, Elise Witt, Qwyneth Bragdon and Sandra Lee
Hughes. For infomation about the Court of Women contact
Pat Willis: Pwill06@coastalnet.com.
- USSF Premiere of SICKO - Friends of Healthcare-NOW invite you to a SNEAK PREVIEW of Michael Moore's new film, "SiCKO", the controversial and highly acclaimed call for a better healthcare system in our country. The Plaza Theatre 1049 Ponce de Leon Avenue Atlanta, Georgia. For film and reception, contributions requested call (212) 475-8305. Come see the film and join the movement to heal our country's healthcare system. www.healthcare-now.org
- Friday, June 29
All day conferences
CODEPINK action at local Congressional office
- CODEPINK Workshop: From Hillary Clinton to Nancy Pelosi: How can we get people in power to better represent women's interests?
The National Organization for Women is sponsoring a Women’s Networking
Reception on Friday, June 29, from 5:30-7:30 pm at the headquarters of
CARE International, 151 Ellis Street NE. If your organization would
like to co-sponsor this event, contact, Jan Strout at email@example.com.
- CODEPINK Vancouver Workshop: The Transformational Power of
Beloved Earth Communities..A Caterpillar to ButterflyStory
Storytelling, Film, Discussion and Dance.
- Saturday, June 30
CODEPINK Workshops: 3 Sessions, Strategizing – Strategies on achieving another world
- Session 1: Women's Activist Training: Getting the Media's Attention- From High Profile Actions to PR Basics and Messaging
- Session 2: Women's Activist Training Nonviolent Direct Action
- Session 3: Women's Activist Training: Campaign Strategy and Community Organizing
- Sunday, July 1
| Sign up to join CODEPINK at the US Social Forum|
- Click here for the USSF housing and rideshare boards.
For additional lodging suggestions, click here.
- Third Wave Foundation’s United States Social Forum Fund provides full scholarships (registration, travel, lodging and food) for young women and transgender activists ages 15 – 30 to attend the United States Social Forum. Click here for more details.