Rebuild the Dream
Join CODEPINK in Rebuilding the American
CODEPINKers are participating in this movement to remind our sisters and brothers that Bringing the War $$
Home is a foundational aspect of rebuilding the dream. The PINK Dream Team is attending 33 events this weekend. Will you join the PINK Team?
How You Can Help:
- Sign up NOW to attend an American
Dream house meeting near you on July 16 or 17. Remember to Wear
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you've joined the PINK team. Be sure to include what city you'll be attending a meeting in.
- Things to remember to add into the discussion:
a. Over $3 trillion has been wasted on the wars in
Iraq and Afghanistan For more information see Brown University's Costs
of War which is recapped in this Huffington
b. Our nation's mayors agree with us! They passed a
historic resolution calling on Congress to cut military spending and
redirect the money to domestic
priorities at their recent conference in Baltimore
c. The president's "withdrawal" plan from
Afghanistan keeps the war going for another three years. That's three
years too many. Human needs must be met, not the war machine. Instead
of cutting programs like Women, Infant, Children, the federal government
should cut the military budget.
d. Another waste of tax dollars are the millions of
dollars wasted on prosecuting, infiltrating, and harassing whistle blowers
who expose criminal actions and activists who oppose wasteful war policies.
The Washington Post reported on out-of-control
waste and spending in US intelligence agencies.
Feel free to print out these points and bring them with you to the discussion for easy reference.
- Download the Not War sign. You can write in your priority for spending. This is based on our popular "Make Love Not War" material. This time, you can tell the world what you'd like to make instead of war! Try to print on pink paper. Take it with you to your meeting and invite people to take a picture with you and the sign. If you can print out other copies and have other attendees write in their priorities, that would be great!
- Download the War Dollars Home Flyer (pdf). The flyer is designed to be printed double-sided and cut into 1/4 page handouts. This flyer will provide other participants with a succinct introduction to our campaign.
- Bring a sign-up
sheet for our Bring Our War $$ Home campaign, so people can stay
connected with us.
- Remind your CODEPINK sisters to join the PINK team and attend a house meeting near them!
- Email email@example.com and tell us how the dream meeting went. How many people attended? How many signed up for more information from CODEPINK? What did you think about the experience?