Past Actions: 2004
- CODEPINKis one of the only international groups getting aid to the war-terrorized people of Iraq.
We are delighted to report that our efforts to raise money for the
refugees of Fallujah have yielded over $100,000 dollars from generous,
caring people like yourself, and $500,000 worth of supplies from
- CODEPINK did an entire week of actions at the DNC and interrupted all 3 nights of the RNC!
- On December 27th, CODEPINK lead a delegation to deliver medicines, blankets and warm clothes
to the families and civilians whose homes were decimated in the US-led
attack. The delegation, which includes parents of soldiers killed while
fighting in Iraq, also met with Iraqi peace activists, health
officials and human right leaders. Upon return, they
congressional briefings, publicize our findings to the media, and
launched a national speaking tour calling for the withdrawal of US
- CODEPINK is on the forefront of denouncing electoral fraud and calling for major electoral reform. CODEPINK helped establish a No Stolen Elections coalition (www.NoStolenElections.org), a watchdog website for voter fraud, and actively supported the
recount efforts in Ohio. Look for Secretary of State Kenneth
Blackwell's pink slip coming soon for his part in hampering a fair vote
process in Ohio!
- Immediately after the election, we authored and
circulated a 10-point Voter Bill of Rights that we will deliver (with
over 25,000 of your signatures!) to each member of Congress when they
meet January 21.
- We worked with a broad-based coalition for
reforms such as a voter-verified paper trail for all touch-screen
voting machines and non-partisan oversight of elections. CODEPINK is determined to reclaim our democracy!