CODEPINK ACTION CALENDAR
upcoming CODEPINK actions on our calendar below. Actions are listed by
state alphabetically. You can also email CODEPINK local coordinators to find out what's going on near you - see contacts on the local group page.
Monday, January 31st 2011 Various
Here's a list of action dates for January 2011:
* Wednesday, January 5 is the first day of the 112th Congress. CODEPINK in DC will visit new Speaker of the House John Boehner's office to say "Yes, shrink the federal budget by ending the wars!" Tell Congress that if it is going to slash government spending, there is only one logical place to cut—the bloated Pentagon budget. Call your Congressperson at 202-224-3121.
Find Bring our War $$ Home organizing resources at: www.codepink.org/wardollars
* Tuesday, January 11, the U.S. prison facility at Guantanamo Bay enters its 10th year of operation. President Obama signed an executive order to close the camp, but his priority to shutter the camp has since faded. Join us on January 11 to protest the President's refusal to close the prison!
Action ideas here: http://www.codepinkalert.org/section.php?id=171
* January 17 is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Organize an action to focus on MLK's anti-war message and oppose FBI raids on activists.
See what the Defend Dissent Foundation is planning in DC at http://www.defendingdissent.org/action/Events.htm. CODEPINK will be there to support Bradley Manning and other whistleblowers!
Take action online to support wikileaks and whistleblowers: http://www.handsoffwikileaks.org
* January 19-20 are the dates for the next Progressive Democrats of America Brown Bag Lunch Vigils to call for funds for Healthcare not Warfare. Take your lunch to your Congressperson
Vigil dates vary widely. Find a vigil near you here: http://bit.ly/h44rWK
More info here: http://pdamerica.org/articles/misc/2009-11-13-12-49-50-misc.php
* January 18 Bay Area CODEPINK is planning an all-day action to protest drones at Beale Air Force Base in California and...
* January 23-27 is the next CODEPINK Caravan to Creech Air Force Base in Nevada. During this time will be the Creech 14 verdict hearing. Stay at the magical Goddess Temple grounds and take action to protest drones!
Contact Toby for more info: ratherbenyckeling[at]comcast.net.
* January 25 is a national day of solidarity action to protest FBI raids on peaceful activists. In December 2010, under the direction of U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald, the FBI delivered 9 new subpoenas in Chicago to anti-war and Palestine solidarity activists - bringing the total number of subpoenaed activists to 23. Patrick Fitzgerald’s office is ordering the 9 to appear at a Grand Jury in Chicago on January 25. Defend free speech! Defend the right to organize! Opposing war and occupation is not a crime! Tell Patrick Fitzgerald to call off the Grand Jury! Stop FBI raids and repression! If you coordinate an action please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) and email email@example.com.
More info at the Committee to Stop FBI Repression's website: www.StopFBI.net
* January 27 is a grassroots lobby day for civil liberties on the Hill in DC. Join the Bill of Rights Defense Committee to oppose the Patriot Act, FBI surveillance of peaceful activist groups, and strip searches by the TSA.
Info here: http://bit.ly/hDVpX0
* War criminals on the loose! This January Karl Rove visits TX and FL. Condi is in the Bay Area. At the end of the month Donald Rumsfeld will release his new book "Known and Unknown". We know these criminals must be held accountable. And there whereabouts are not unknown!
Find the war criminal calendar here: http://www.codepinkalert.org/article.php?id=5145
Contact Nancy at codepink.nancy[at]gmail.com for help coordinating a citizens arrest action.
* January 30-Feb 6 is our next delegation to Gaza. Find out more here: http://bit.ly/f9Ca2X